Whether your new companion is canine or feline, we want to help you provide the best possible care for them. That’s why we recommend preventative care in the form of comprehensive wellness exams and vaccinations at least once a year. As an AAHA-accredited animal hospital, we abide by the highest standards with our vaccination protocols. This means that we customize these protocols to the specific needs of your pet, based on age, breed, and risk of exposure.
We offer a number of supplemental services as well to keep your puppy or kitten healthy through every life stage. If you have a puppy, we offer puppy packages that are designed to help your four legged friend get started on the right paw so they can enjoy a lifetime of wellness. For our feline patients, we take extra measures to help them have a more enjoyable veterinary experience. This includes our:
- Separate treatment areas for cats
- Separate entrance for cats
- Two exam rooms for cats only
Our puppy packages are designed to meet all of your puppy’s basic wellness needs. They include:
- 3 Wellness exams
- 3 Distemper/Parvo (DAPP) vaccines
- 2 Leptospirosis vaccines
- 1 Bordetella intranasal vaccine
- 1 Rabies vaccine
- 3 Oral dewormings
- 2 Intestinal parasite checks
- 1st Dose of heartworm preventative
Additional Puppy & Kitten Services
There are a number of other factors to consider as well when it comes to caring for your puppy or kitten, including:
- Microchipping: This permanent form of identification can drastically increase the odds of your pet being returned, should they ever become separated from you.
- Obedience Training (Puppies): Obedience training will help you better understand your dog, and they will better understand you. We can give you recommendations for some of the best dog trainers in the area during their next visit.
- Weight Management: As your pet ages, extra weight can become an issue. Extra weight can be hard on the joints and make it difficult to walk around. We can evaluate your pet’s Body Condition Score (BCS) during every wellness exam to determine if your pet is overweight, underweight, or at a healthy weight.
- Diet/Nutrition: If your pet’s BCS ever indicates that your pet needs to lose or gain weight, we can make diet recommendations. Or, if your pet has other health issues or just needs a healthier diet, we can make recommendations for those reasons as well.
- Exercise: Just as with humans, the best way to keep your pet healthy is with a nutritious diet and exercise. Make sure your pet is getting enough exercise on a daily basis, keeping in mind that some breeds require more exercise than others.
Puppy & Kitten Care in Carmel, IN
To learn more about our puppy and kitten care package or to schedule an appointment, please call us at (317) 846-8710.
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Carmel, Indiana
Call Us or Schedule an Appointment Online
Meet with a Doctor for an Initial Exam
Put a Plan Together for Your Pet